You’ll find regional differences throughout the U.S. when it comes to food, accents…and average salaries for physician jobs.
But you might be surprised to learn that it’s not a region filled with major metropolises that offers the highest mean physician salary.
According to the Medscape Physician Compensation Report: 2012 Results, it’s the North Central region (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa and Missouri)—the same states as last year’s report—where salaries are highest.
Here’s the breakdown of mean physician compensation by region, according to the report:
- North Central: $234,000
- Great Lakes: $228,000
- South Central: $228,000
- Southeast: $226,000
- West: $225,000
- Northwest: $216,000
- Mid-Atlantic: $214,000
- Southwest: $214,000
- Northeast: $204,000
- Who’s the happiest?
- Create a FREE physician profile
- Search physician jobs in North Dakota
- Search physician jobs in South Dakota
- Search physician jobs in Nebraska
- Search physician jobs in Kansas
- Search physician jobs in Iowa
- Search physician jobs in Missouri
Topics: Compensation & Salary